International and national companies can and are increasingly playing a vital role in building sustainable peace, protecting human rights and providing humanitarian assistance. In national and regional contexts we work with policy makers, governments, companies, and civil society organisations to develop better understanding, policies, and programmes, focusing on;
- Business practices which facilitate or impede the peace-building and development processes
- Role of companies informing and strengthening national institutions
- Respecting and protecting human rights at workplaces and in communities
- Organising, providing, distributing humanitarian assistance
- Briefing Paper on Business-Led Peacebuilding in Somalia: (in partnership with UNSOM, and NGO Applied Management Research and Teaching Unit, Aston Business School.
- Formation of Community of Practice on Business, Development, and Peace (in partnership with UNSOM, Rift Valley Institute, and NGO Applied Management Research and Teaching Unit, Aston Business School, Aston University UK)
- Scoping study on private sector involvement in emergency response (in partnership with IDC, and NGO Applied Management Research and Teaching Unit, Aston Business School, Aston University, UK.